Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 1 and 2: We have lift off...and why aren't the eggs refridgerated here in Melbourne?

I'm in Australia!!!!!

Oh happy day, double post today because internet has been an impossible commodity to get in my room.

Thank you to my lovelies for taking me to the airport, it was so sweet and boy did the floodgates open! I miss you guys like there's no tomorrow :)



My first day here was EXHAUSTING but sooo worth it. I feel like I did the Grind blindfolded with my ankles shackled.. Getting from Vancouver to LA was pretty smooth, but getting to the departure gate was a frikkin' adventure. I had to venture outside the airport and walk a mile to get to Tom Bradley...then had the worst sleep of my life aboard the flight from LA to Sydney. Oh boy, don't even get me started on the Sydney airport....you thought LAX was a zoo...wait til you reach Sydney! I almost missed my connection...think I had 5 mins to spare before it left. Then when I got to Melbourne had to drag my luggage 4 blocks in the rain to get to registration...it was intense. I've never worked my biceps that hard in my life!

PS: I saw Ashley Tisdale and Lochlyn Monro at YVR, they were on my flight!


All complaining aside, it was all worth it the end. I met some good people and we all ended up going downtown at night. Downtown Melbourne is so pretty.



BTW, life is so chill here...there are designated places on campus where we're allowed to drink (have you ever heard of such a thing?) and i'm pretty sure drinking outside is acceptable as long as you're not intoxicated beyond belief. What a life :)


On the second day, I was able to explore the campus a little bit, plus I finally had a chance to make my room feel more homey and inviting. Afterward everyone met up at night to drink and watch the football game....though it was on at 12am..and that is apparently considered early! I haven't been too jetlagged so far, but it's going to be an early day tomorrow. We're all heading down to St. Kilda for the St. Kilda festival, i'm so excited! Beach, music, food...it's going to be a great time!



Til next time, cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I just love your posts! Keep it up! You're making mama proud with all the amount of fun you're having! You go girl. I already miss having a missed call from you everyday. Funny how silly habits die hard.

    Can't wait for the next update. Until next time, mate! =)

    Aussi Aussi Aussi, oy oy oy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Lovin' the posts! (and the pictures that come with)

    Your campus map is pretty epic.
    And eggs aren't refridgerated?!

    Continue updating us with your crazy adventures!!
    Hooroo! (is it true they say that?!?!)

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Steph, I miss calling you too. I hate Skype. Skype is my technological enemy. It is my everest.

    No Bonnie, not one single person has said hooroo to me. I think they'd give me weird looks if I attempted to say that to them haha. I've gotten 'its alright' many times though.

    That map is actually just the hall where i'm staying :) All the other halls have maps that tell you where you can drink too. and no, the eggs are not refrigerated here! But old habits die hard and I refrigerated mine after I got home.

    ReplyDelete