Monday, March 21, 2011

Thai Food & Culture Festival



On Sunday afternoon, a couple of us headed to Federation Square to attend the Thai Food and Culture Festival.



The Festival took over the entire square, with food stands all along the Yarra River. Singha Beer sponsored the event so everyone was wearing these ridiculous yellow hats. It was ironic because all the kiddies were sporting a beer-branded hat.



There was food, a thai beauty pageant, a crazy hippy man who spoke fluent Thai and produced world music. He was a kook. There were also dance performances and he took to the stage and started singing about nature...or elephants. One or the other.

The funniest thing that happened was when we went to Flinder's station to use the washroom. My Myki card wouldn't let me through the gate so I attempted to run through with the girl in front of me. Of course the gates slammed shut right when she passed and I ran so hard into the gate that my sunglasses flew off my head. Erica and Johnny just burst into laughter. I jumped the gate and walked away with what little dignity I had left. :P



Then on our way home, we stopped at Oakleigh station where I had lost my shoe the night before, and decided to go see if we could find it. We peered into the tracks and low and behold, my flat was sitting right there! We retrieved it, though train attendant was not very impressed with us. A very successful day if I do say so myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment