Monday, March 21, 2011

Clubbing With One Shoe

Saturday night in the land down under!

It was our friend Gabe's 23rd birthday so we all decided to celebrate it the Aussie way, which involves a lot of drinking and not much else.

We left halls and headed to town around 9pm. When we got to Oakleigh station, I ran off to go to the washroom (apparently) and someone yelled "Winnie the train is leaving!" so I ran for my life to catch the train. As I leapt onto the train, my shoe slipped off my foot and into the crevice between the platform and the train, thus effectively losing my shoe. As expected when you are me.



We headed to a bar in the city called "The Lucky Coq." My greatest accomplishment of the night might have been getting in with one shoe, but I can't be too sure :). The Lucky Coq had 2 levels, the bottom level with seating and a bar, the top with some couches and a dance floor. People kept breaking glass all night (myself included) so it was quite the challenge to navigate the dark room, intoxicated, with one shoe, and glass all over the floor. Magically, I made my way around just fine! The highlight of my night was on the dance floor, when I turned around Brittany was standing there as she had shown up late and unannounced. We both looked at each other and turned into the biggest weepy babies :)

After we left the bar, we bought the most delicious cookies and cream ice cream bars while waiting for the Nightrider. Purchasing that ice cream was one of the best decisions i've made in this country so far. During our ride on the Nightrider, the lights started to blink and the bus started making unfortunate sounds. As you would have it, the bus broke down and everyone had to evacuate onto the side of the road. Since it was 3am in the morning, it only seemed fitting to run across the street to Hungry Jacks for some chips. And of course, it was only logical to walk through the drive through. As Erica put it, "turn the hydrolics on."



Funnest. Night. Ever.

Just another Saturday night in the land down under.

No comments:

Post a Comment