Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sydney 2.0

Sydney is an amazing city.
It is so amazing that I went back a week later.
Lots of amazing adventures were had in this city :)

Brit and I took the train to Sydney, which takes about 14 hours. It was absolutely the most uncomfortable 14 hours of my life. However, according to Brit, I "curled up into a little ball and passed right out" for most of it...so maybe it was the most uncomfortable 3 hours of my life :P It was inhumanely cold on that train though, so it was really uncomfortable.



We took it pretty easy the first day, took a nice shower after a long train ride, bummed around the apartment for a bit and then headed out into the city. We took in the usual tourist attractions like Hyde Park, The Opera House, The Rocks. The thing about Sydney is that it doesn't get old. I could walk around that city a million times and still not be sick of it. It's just the perfect mix of everything.



After a nice long walk in the city, we went back to the apartment and drove to Watson's Bay. Watson's is one of the most insanely, ridiculously gorgeous places i've ever visited. On one side of the Bay there were these glorious cliffs. They were massive and breathtaking, and they made me feel like I was in Wuthering Heights. On the other side of the Bay, there were a little village of houses and boats and a dock. You guys know about my obsessions with docks right? Then futher down there was a nude beach (damn you old pervert, damn you to hell!) more cliffs, gorgeous houses right on the beach and a lighthouse thrown in for good measure. It is definitely a place I would love to revisit someday.

Then we went home, made a delicious dinner (pasta with cheese-filled meatballs - good call win, good call :P), did a couple Tim Tam slams, went for a refreshing midnight swim and called it a night.



On Saturday we all headed to Bondi, here they were having a surf competition and giving out a bunch of free swag. The surf competition was there the entire weekend, which I wish I could've went back to watch. Em and I did the must-do tradition, "The Walk from Bondi to Coogee."The views on that walk were breathtaking, and pictures will never do them justice. The walk took us a good 2 hours, but it was worth every step.


At night, we hit the town in Kings Cross - Sydney's Red Light District. We went to 2 bars, including a gay bar (or so i'm told) and at the end of the night ran into a tranny! She was the worst tranny i've ever seen in my life (hello 5'o'clock shadow!) but she was a tranny nonetheless. When I saw her sitting there by her lonesome, naturally I ran and plopped myself down right next to her, without any regard for my personal safety (whether it be by knife or needle). But hey, it was a tranny in Sydney, what was I suppose to do? NOT take a picture with her?

Then at home, apparently I made Brit and I toast, and she dropped hers on the couch and wouldn't eat it so I grabbed it, blew the dust off it and shoved my piece at her and told her to eat it. She can't keep a straight face when she tells the story :)



We took it really easy on Sunday, just vegged a little bit, went into the City for a while, came back for a swim, ate some toasties and headed back to Melbourne. The train ride back was a little less uncomfortable, but i'm glad to not have to take another train. Brit and I agreed that train riders are kind of dodgy...in every way, shape and form. Despite it all, it was an awesome weekend in Sydney.

I unfortunately met 2 of the rudest Australians i've ever encountered in this country at the train station in Melbourne, and they almost ruined my entire day. I was quite upset, and teared up a little bit but at the end of the day, they're wasted space and not worth my energy.

1 comment:

  1. Your adventures sound amazing!!
    Love your mug the most! <3

    ReplyDelete