Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Free stuff is the best

So 2 weeks ago Brit and I saw a sign for free mug painting at Whole Foods. Of course, being the highly logical, intelligent and broke students that we are, ran our asses as fast as we could to Whole Foods. They told us that we couldn't paint the mugs...but we didn't take no for an answer. We just sat down and they were like 'eh, alright fine'. So you better believe that we painted our awesome mugs, we painted the crap outta those mugs (with the ghetto 3 colours provided).

The next week we were so excited to go back to collect our mugs but were horrified and thoroughly let down when they told us that they couldn't find them. It was so heartbreaking, tragic really. So today, being the highly logical, intelligent and broke student that I am, decided I wouldn't accept no for an answer. I just couldn't let Whole Foods get away with this injustice, so I went to Whole Foods to investigate. I walked around and to my disappointment didn't see them anywhere. Feeling dejected and slightly rejected, I was just about to walk out the door when I walked past a display case. I looked in and low and behold, THERE WERE OUR MUGS! Just chillin' with their other mug friends.

So...BA-BAM! Proof that never giving up pays off :) (yeah, you better believe that I took a whole 360 of my mug. I'm so very proud of my mug. It is my pride and joy. There's a turtle, hearts, a butterfly, a starfish, a sun, and a sailboat. I think my mother would be very proud of me. I also think the paint is coming off in my tea and I am ingesting toxins. Ah well, a free mug's a free mug :P



Funnily enough, a floor mate of mine asked me when I made it, and I said 2 weeks ago. He responded 'oh, I was going to say that the last time I painted a mug, I was 6' :). No baby, I made this bad boy 2 weeks ago, and I ain't ashamed of it!

Then tonight, there was a free ice-cream dinner. It was so delicious, they had all the fixings like sprinkles and marshmallows and chocolate sauce and strawberry sauce and caramel sauce. Of course, being the soldier that I am, I decided to multi-task this ice-cream cone. So I climbed 9 flights of stairs while eating my ice-cream to burn off the ice-cream that I was eating. I felt pretty frikkin' accomplished by the time I got to the top of the stairs.

It doesn't matter what it is, free stuff always tastes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment